Accident scenes can be very shocking, especially right after the impact occurs. Try to remain calm and do the following:
- Don’t leave! If you drive away, you could be charged with a “hit and run” or “leaving the scene.
- Turn off your engine, or–if it’s safe–move your vehicle to the shoulder of the road out of the way of traffic. If you’re injured, or if your car isn’t safe to drive–don’t try to move it.
- Contact the authorities. Try to assess the scene if anyone else is hurt. Otherwise, wait for the ambulance or police. Call 911 for the ambulance, call 208-882-COPS for the Moscow Police Department dispatch and (509) 334-0802 for Pullman Police.
- Be calm, be cool, be nice, be truthful.
- If you can, take photos of the vehicles before you leave the scene, and acquire a copy of the police report–if it’s available.
- If your vehicle needs towed and police are on the scene, the police typically arrange for a tow truck. Talk to the tow truck driver about where your vehicle will be taken–you can request your favorite auto body collision repair shop. If you have broken windows, keep in mind that University Collision Repair has secure indoor storage for all of our customer cars.
- Give your insurance company a call, and give them the details.
- Call University Collision of Moscow (208) 882-8535 or Pullman (509)334-5822; we can help you with the rest (insurance claims, estimates, loaner car, and repairs). We work with ALL insurance types, and our work is backed by a written lifetime guarantee.
Here are some tips for dealing with the aftermath of an accident.
- Do not drive your car if it is unsafe. If you can safely drive your vehicle, bring it to us as soon as possible.
- If you cannot operate your car, truck or SUV, call us and we can tow your vehicle.
- Remember, you have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance cannot require you to go to a particular repair shop.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. It’s your vehicle, you deserve the highest quality repairs. When getting estimates, be sure to ask lots of questions–the person doing your estimate should take the time to explain everything to you in terms that you can understand. Read the fine print, and consider carefully before you accept the lowest repair estimate–make sure you understand why the prices are different.
What if my insurance company says I have to get three estimates or that I have to go to another shop and meet with their adjuster?
Tell them NO; you are dropping your car off at the shop of your choice to get repaired, and the adjuster can inspect your car there with the body shop manager. It is your car, and you have the right to get your car fixed where you want. We work for you, not the insurance company.
First, we will write your estimate; once it is approved and you authorize us to begin work, we will set up a time line and let you know when your vehicle will be ready. It may take a few days in order to deliver the best work. If you need to get back on the road before then, we will be happy to set up a rental car for you, and in many cases can communicate with your insurance company to handle the payment.
We are experts in our field, and we promise to offer the very best customer service. Our technicians also continue their education in the automotive arena, consistently learning about the latest innovations in body repair. We don’t want to just fix your door dings and fenders; we want to build a relationship so you trust us enough to recommend us to your family and friends. We will take the time to give you all the information you need so you can feel good about making an informed decision to repair your vehicle. We use the latest technology–the CCC ONE Total Repair Platform–to assist us in getting everything right so you can feel good about making an informed decision. All of our work is backed by a written lifetime guarantee.If it isn’t right, we’ll make it right–free of charge–to bring you peace of mind and peace of wallet.
Estimates are written during normal shop hours: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm. While an appointment is not required, it is a good idea to check ahead. Call University Collision of Moscow: (208) 882-8535 or University Collision of Pullman: (509) 334-5822. Click here for an online estimate.